Dr. Maryse Pion Robin, P.T., D.C., R.Ac., B.Sc.P.T., M.Sc.(Rehab)
- Dr. Maryse Pion Robin has more than 18 years of experience as a physiotherapist and 14 years of experience as a chiropractor and acupuncturist. She is a graduate of the University of Ottawa in physiotherapy, a certified chiropractor from the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College in Toronto as well as a licensed acupuncturist with the College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of Ontario. She also completed her Masters in Rehabilitation at McMaster University. She has achieved certifications in concussion management, taping, orthotics and more. In 2005, Dr. Maryse returned to her hometown of Cochrane, ON, and opened Back In Motion Plus, a rehabilitation and wellness clinic, where she worked as a physiotherapist, chiropractor and acupuncturist. In 2015, Dr. Maryse moved to Orleans, ON. where she continued her career in a multidisciplinary centre and a wellness clinic. In September 2019, Dr. Maryse opened Back In Motion Plus in Orleans, ON. Her goal is to provide high-quality care and help people live a healthy and active life. Dr. Maryse is actively involved in her community as a director and trainer with girls’ hockey. She is also an avid athlete who trains and competes in several “Spartan” races annually. As a mother of four children, she understands the importance of time management, health and a balanced lifestyle.
- As Dr. Maryse’s assistant, Anne-Sophie seeks to help patients recover from injuries and promote a safe and healthy lifestyle. She has completed a degree in Social Sciences and Human Kinetics at the University of Ottawa. In addition to her post-secondary studies, Anne-Sophie is also a certified lifeguard and swimming instructor with the City of Ottawa. Both her education and experience have helped her advance in the field of health care. She loves to stay active and play hockey and understands the importance of finding time to exercise daily.
- As the physiotherapy aide, Julie will encourage you and help you with your exercises as well as help Dr. Maryse with modalities and treatments. Julie graduated from the University of Ottawa with her Baccalaureate in Physiotherapy in 2001. As a fully bilingual therapist, she can treat her patients in both French and English. She has worked in a variety of settings including; The Montreal General Hospital working with primarily post-surgical orthopedic patients, the outpatient clinic at the Montreal General Hospital working mainly in a sports medicine setting and a variety of private orthopedic clinics. She strongly believes that paying attention to detail, using a hands-on patient centered approach, educating her patients on their injury and proposed treatment, and teaching them how to prevent future injuries are most beneficial in helping improve their condition to the fullest. Julie strives to maintain a healthy and balanced lifestyle. She enjoys skiing, playing hockey, cycling, spending time with her family and friends as well as watching and being supportive of her three kids in their competitive sports.
- As a part-time physiotherapy assistant and receptionist, Alex is glad to have joined the Back in Motion Plus dynamic team. He graduated in 2017 from Health Sciences at the University of Ottawa. Wanting to pursue a career in injury prevention and sports, he has now completed his Science degree in Human Kinetics. Working here allows him to apply in practice what he is learning. Passionate about endurance sports, outside of work and school, you can find him training for triathlons.
- As a rehab assistant, Emily aims to help make treatment as smooth as possible for all of her patients. As a past long-time physiotherapy patient herself, she understands the treatment process from the patient’s perspective and understands how much of a difference a compassionate and caring physiotherapy team can make in your treatment experience. She is currently studying Honors Health Sciences at the University of Ottawa which allows her to study health and wellness from a multidisciplinary perspective. When she is not studying, Emily enjoys playing with her dog, baking, going for long walks, and exploring new places around the city. With a very strong passion for health education, exercise, nutrition, as well as both physical and mental wellbeing, Emily feels that overall health and wellness is the key to a happy and healthy lifestyle.
- Annika is one of our rehab assistants. She just completed the last year of her Bachelor of Science in Human Kinetics at the University of Ottawa. She is hoping to pursue a career in physiotherapy. In her spare time she enjoys playing soccer and going dog sledding with her huskies.
- As a receptionist at the clinic, France will always offer you a warm and friendly welcome and ensure that your visit is a pleasant one. France obtained her Bachelor of Arts with Specialization in Law and Justice from Laurentian University. She also has certificates in forensic courses from British Columbia Institute of Technology and a Law Clerk Diploma from College Boreal. France loves learning new things which falls in nicely with her passion for travelling as she’s volunteered in 4 International Cooperation trips. Every day at the clinic France will be delighted to share her hobby of baking with a little treat for everyone!
As a part time receptionist at the clinic, Véronique’s goal is to help clients have a good journey to recovery by providing everyone with a warm welcome and service. She is currently in her 4th year of bachelor degree majoring in criminology and social work aiming to work in children welfare one day. When she’s not at work or at school you will most likely find her either outdoors or doing yoga. Véronique is full of energy and hope to bring you good vibes! During your visit you might catch her singing along to songs sometimes as she is very passionate of anything music related.
- As the Social Media point-of-contact, Chantel will be sharing pertinent & engaging information relating to the Clinic. She will also be monitoring all public inquiries. Chantel completed her Bachelor of Arts with Specialization in French Language and Literature from Athabasca University and has also obtained her Teaching English as Second Language, Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages and Teaching English as a Foreign Language Certificate from Oxford Seminars. Chantel has worked in various technical administrative positions in the health and wellness environment. When she’s not studying languages, Chantel is either reading, cycling or practicing yoga.
- As administrative support, you will see Natasha at our reception desk where she will always greet you with a warm friendly smile. Natasha graduated from La Cité Collegiale in 2009 with Honours in Hospitality and Tourism. After graduating Natasha pursued a career as an Advanced Spa Therapist. Having mentored, trained and provided educated guidance, Natasha developed a love and appreciation for the administrative aspect of businesses. She enjoys being active, which she does every day, whether it is through dance, walking her dog or doing yoga. Natasha believes that everyone should stay active doing something they are passionate about.