- A rehabilitation session will help patients restore their level of health, activity and quality of life using a combination of hands-on therapies, modalities and exercise programs.
- As a provider of Shift Concussion Management, we offer personalized and effective concussion management assessment and rehabilitative treatment strategies to individuals of all ages suffering from concussions. We also offer Baseline Testing for individuals and sports teams to have a specific database for each individual.
Other Specialized Techniques
These techniques are very beneficial for different types of patients. Each in their own way, aim to help transform soft tissues into healthy functioning tissues.
- Active Release Technique (ART)ART is a form of manual therapy. The practitioner uses pressure on the muscle, tendon, ligament or other tissues, and moves the affected tissue under the fingers, in a stretching motion.
- Graston TechniqueWhen using this technique, the practitioner applies pressure over the soft tissues (muscles, tendons, ligaments) with specifically designed stainless steel instruments. The technique is non-invasive and is a good way for the practitioner to go deep into the tissue.
- Activator TechniqueThis technique is a gentle, low-force approach used by chiropractors. Using a handhelp instrument, the practitioner provides a specific adjustment with a controlled fast thrust.
- Sports TapingTaping can be used for prevention of injury, posture training and the rehabilitation of a condition. The goal may be to prevent certain movement, support certain soft tissues or offload specific structures.
- Kinesio-Taping (K-Taping)This type of taping is designed to be more like skin in terms of thickness and elasticity. It can be used for a wide range of musculoskeletal conditions, sports injuries or training and inflammatory conditions.
- Dry NeedlingThe practitioner will insert very thin acupuncture needles (no injections) into the soft tissues (skin, muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia), which will activate the healing process, increase circulation, decrease inflammation and bring relief in pain.